In my previous post, Checking out MarsEdit 2, I did a test post using MarsEdit 2.
I have to say that I like using a desktop editor for doing my posts. The only downside to this is that the Media Manager is lacking a few features.
- The custom template option is great for seeing what your post will really look like
- In-line spell checking as-you-type
- You can do advanced text editing (it’s in the “Markup” drop menu)
No WYSIWYG advanced text editing (you have to write the html for formatting text) Correction, see 3rd entry under “Plus”
- No ability to edit/add title, caption, or description to an image that you upload
- You cannot remove or edit an image/file in the Media Manager
This seems like a great app for doing quick posts. It seems to need a bit more polish for more advanced editing if it’s going to take me away from using the online editor that comes with WordPress.
May 21, 2008