Configure Vista for Automatic Login
Over the past few years, many technology vendors have put their focus more on security. Microsoft is no exception as is evident with the security enhancements in Vista. However, in some cases, all the security options may be overkill, especially if you are the only one who uses the computer.
If you do not share your computer with any other users and no one else has access to it, you can configure Vista to log you on automatically.
Here are the steps:
- Click Start and type
netplwizin the Search field and then press Enter.
- Click Continue when the User Account Control window appears.
- From the User Accounts window that appears, verify that your own user account is selected.
- Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer option.
- Click OK.
- Provide the password for your user account when prompted.
- Restart your computer.
- Vista will automatically log on with your user account.