My name is Larry Gordon. I live in San Francisco, CA and work for McCann Worldgroup San Francisco as their Senior Creative Technologist.
Here are a few tidbits about me:
- I was born in Seoul, Korea (dad was in the US Army and mom is Korean).
- Grew up in San Antonio, TX at the outskirts of town and lived on 3 acres next to a farm.
- I studied Electronics Engineering and Fine Arts at East Central High School.
- I lettered in HS Basketball and Cross-Country.
- I studied Graphic Design at San Antonio College right after HS graduation.
- In the summer of 1995 I moved to California to play DIV II men’s volleyball at California State University San Bernardino where I studied Fine Arts with a concentration in painting.
- I built my first website in 1996 for a Information Super Highway class. It was all hand coded and it confused the hell out of me! This was also the first time I had opened up Photoshop.
- I moved back to Texas around 1998 where I worked odd jobs like coaching the men’s volleyball club team at UTSA and making deliveries for my dad’s parts company.
- During the summer of 1999 I enrolled into the Computer Science program at St. Mary’s University at San Antonio, which is where I met my mentor Dr. Douglas Hall, Chair of the Math Computer Science Department.
- After learning C and C++, I found Flash 4 and HTML (again). I started programming for the web again.
- Between 1999 and 2001 I worked for and started various startup companies in San Antonio doing graphic design, Flash applications development, Director interactive CD-ROMs, QTVR, Final Cut Pro video editing, and Ultimatte compositing.
- In 2001 I moved to San Francisco, CA to look for work with a big tech company and found a job at Cisco Systems as a Flash UI programmer in their Creative Learning Studio division.
- I moved back to Texas during October of 2003 to be with my family because my dad was dying of cancer.
- I found work as a lead Multimedia Developer for Karta Technologies in their Training Solutions division, where I lead Flash and HTML courseware development and did on-site consulting and documentation for clients.
- While at Karta I won Gold for the 2005 Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning for Custom Content, Full Course Category. AMC C21 Aeromedical Evacuation Training Course.
- During the summer of 2005 I taught Flash Game Design for Digital Media Academy at Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
- On May 22, 2006 I accepted a job at Crispin Porter + Bogusky to lead development work for the 2007 Volkswagen website redesign as their Senior Design Technologist.
- In march of 2007 I got engaged to be married. Wedding date is still pending.
- On July 1, 2007 I moved to San Francisco and started a 1 month contract with Truveo as their Technology Evangelist.
- On July 25, 2007 I accepted an offer from McCann Worldgroup as Sr Creative Technologist working on a track that could make me their first Creative Director from the technical discipline.
- On August 13, 2007 I started my first day at McCann Worldgroup.
April 15, 2007